School Group is searching for a marketing expert to act as the Marketing Manager. The Marketing Manager is the leader of the marketing department, responsible for all decisions relating to the marketing of our organization. The Marketing Manager supervises all the marketing staff and acts as the official representative of the department, providing strategic marketing inputs for the top management that supports organizational operations and affairs. The Marketing Manager will direct the development, implementation and execution of strategic marketing plans and marketing activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Expand innovative, impactful digital marketing and social media presence of School Group by developing strategies that raise awareness of the foundation; leverage content created by marketing and maximize the reach of the foundation's platforms with key audiences; develop social media campaigns focused on event promotion, gaining new followers, and raising awareness of the foundation
- Coordinate email marketing and work with events staff on content creation
- Work with content writers/editors to write blog posts, newsletter articles both internal (for our volunteers) and external (for our supporters), and press releases to tell the stories of our work and the impact of donor/volunteer engagement
- Identify, recommend, and implement emerging methods of digital advertising and customer communications
- Track and monitor School Group’s media coverage
- Proactively search for new ways to disseminate School Group content in the digital space
- Develop and contribute to Marketing, Communications and PR Plans.
- Social Media - post and leverage tools to enable people to know about our events and programs and to establish School Group as a leader in e-learning and peer-to-peer education.
- Define needs for and execute production of advertisements, flyers and placement of promotion materials
- Engage / enable public relations
- Prepare informational kit to present to potential donors and sponsors.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, digital marketing, PR, or other closely related field or comparable work experience
- Experience in a marketing position with proven success in designing and executing effective digital marketing campaigns
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to think across multiple channels in an integrated and creative manner and proactively develop the digital portion of marketing and communications campaigns
- Experience creating various types of content - posts, emails, newsletters, website, landing pages, calls-to-action, etc.
- Strong writing and editing skills; appreciates the power of good storytelling and visuals with an eye toward design
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Tenacity in learning new skills, identifying solutions, and resolving issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact with volunteer staff at all levels
skills required :
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Wordpress, Wix, HTML, Adobe Suite (including InDesign and Photoshop)
- Social Media Tools: HootSuite, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Ability to leverage social media to help us achieve campaign success
- Excellent organization, follow through and self management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team Player. Takes direction and initiates ideas.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the Internet.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people that share a common belief that improving education will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in an environment of supportive people that are always willing to help you.
In return, you will receive a LinkedIn recommendation, testimonial, spotlight in a newsletter, and/or a professional reference based on commitment and performance.
About School Group
Established in 2018 as a Texas nonprofit corporation, School Group works to promote eLearning in School Education worldwide. Please visit our website for more information about school Group: www.schoolgroup.org.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and work samples to [email protected]