As a Journalist/Writer volunteer, you will fulfill your passion for education and proven storytelling, research and fact-checking. By becoming a School Group volunteer, you will work hand in hand with our marketing team in developing content to post on School Group’s website and social media platforms.
- Bachelor's Degree or enrolled towards a college or graduate degree in journalism , languages, creative writing, or other relevant field
- Ability to commit at least 5-10 hours a week
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize projects with minimum supervision
- Technology oriented
- Effective communication skills in English
- Ability to remain objective and engage with people of all viewpoints
Duties and responsibilities
- Must be actively involved and be informative on School Group activities
- Work closely with CEO and other School Group volunteers to develop story ideas and produce original work for weekly and monthly deadlines;
- Produce articles, videos or other original online content for School Group
- Work independently with guidance, editing and mentorship from the administration and editorial team
- Take part in School Group’s marketing strategies by producing writings that can help promote the organization’s name to public
- Participate in team meetings and Assist with social media and website updates to gain followers and to promote events and campaigns;
- Other duties, as needed.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world that share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in an environment of supportive people that are always willing to help you.
- School Group is a Certifying Organization that offers Presidential Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.