School Group is looking for an experienced Human Resource professional to volunteer as our Human Resources Director. This role will be a member of our leadership team and will be an essential team member as we look to grow our presence in the e-learning market. This team member will work closely with our CEO and other directors and will have an opportunity to bring on other volunteers to work with him/her as needed. This team member’s responsibilities will include:
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Supervises the staff of the human resource department.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
Required Professional Qualifications & Competencies:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of School Group’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the Internet.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people that share a common belief that improving education will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in an environment of supportive people that are always willing to help you.
In return, you will receive a LinkedIn recommendation, testimonial, spotlight in a newsletter, and/or a professional reference based on commitment and performance.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume to [email protected]