Data Manager plays a pivotal role in growing and improving the School Group resource catalog. Data Manager works to maintain and efficiently develop our resource catalog. Data Manager researches and verify new resources for inclusion in our resource catalog. Data Manager ensure our resource database remains error-free. This is an exciting opportunity to improve your data collection, research and analysis skills while helping us to expand our lifesaving resource catalog.
We're looking for meticulous, hard-working individuals who are passionate about expanding the School Group resource catalog.
This position includes the following major responsibilities:
- Maintaining the live School Group resource catalog
- Conduct regular audits of the live resource catalog (checking for dead links, typos, etc.)
- Monitoring our catalog account ([email protected]) to process any incoming user resource "reports" on our live catalog site and/or catalog-related questions
- Verify any incoming "edits" to resources on our live catalog
- Use our backend dashboard to make any edits to resources in our live catalog (as needed)
- Re-verify existing resources (resources listed in our live catalog are re-verified every 6 months to ensure safety)
- Clean-up internal data storage (as needed)
- Adding new safe resources to the School Group resource catalog
- Verify any incoming new resource suggestions (submitted by members of the general public) for inclusion in our resource catalog
- Conduct Internet research to collect potential new resources able to serve students globally, and then put those potential new resources through our tailored resource verification process prior to inclusion in our live resource catalog
- Use our backend dashboard to add new verified resources to our live catalog
- Resource verification
- Data managers should have the ability to follow instructions - specifically, data managers will be provided with guides on how to conduct our tailored resource verification process to verify new resources are safe for use by students worldwide prior to inclusion in the live School Group resource catalog
- Option to help with implementing, monitoring & analyzing catalog-related metrics
- Interested in metrics & data analysis? Time-permitting, Data manager associates are also welcome to assist our Director of Data Management with implementing, monitoring and analyzing catalog-related metrics (using Google Analytics, voluntary survey feedback, etc.) in order to help us accurately report our impact
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): database management, data collection/analysis, Internet research, statistics
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Working skill set in Excel, and/or Squarespace, HTML, CSS, WordPress or other content management system(s)
- You are reliable, meticulous and appreciate the value of deadlines
- Superior understanding of the School Group resource catalog (or willingness to learn in-depth about our resource catalog)
- Bonus(es) : Extensive Internet research experience, prior database management experience and/or experience using backend dashboards/portals
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the Internet.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people that share a common belief that improving education will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in an environment of supportive people that are always willing to help you.
About School Group
Established in 2018 as a Texas nonprofit corporation, School Group works to promote eLearning in School Education worldwide. Please visit our website for more information about school Group: www.schoolgroup.org.
To apply, please email your resume at [email protected]