We are piloting a program between Nepal and USA starting with grade 12th students which will last for 15 weeks at two schools we are partnered with. We are building our elearning platform with a focus on peer-to-peer learning. We believe SG model fits the larger context of what we aim to accomplish in our education program. Henceforth, we are looking for one or two qualified volunteers to help design this program.
This position requires flexibility and work can be done virtually. Our goal is to provide an exceptional, informative and engaging program to improve reading, STEM, and collaboration building among students we work with in these two countries.
Part I: 25%
- Liaise with partner schools in Nepal to understand the education style and how to develop a curriculum that models the national curriculum and other best practices
- Create a curriculum calendar to match school year in Nepal and based on the length of SG
- Develop set of curricula to include the targeted goals and topics
- Collaborate with IT department to design program using the SG elearning platform
Part II: 35%
- Use the curriculum to develop lesson plans for the teachers in Nepal
- Lesson plans should follow the curriculum standards for both countries
Part III: 40%
- Develop audio recordings/ modules with instructional objectives using presentation style (PowerPoint) to match curricula for training teachers in the program (can be done in steps)
- Develop train-the-teacher document and incorporate techniques for teachers to help all students learn in a low-income country
Completion of the job will be based on fulfilling these outcomes.
Responsibilities include working under limited supervision following standardized practices, methods, and maintaining a relationship with SG and our partner school.
- Bachelor or Master degree preferred in a related education field: Primary or secondary education, Applied Psychology in Education, Social Work with concentration in Education Development
- Degree should couple with expertise in curricula and lesson plan development, organization planning, and special program education planning
- Should have background working as a teacher at an in-school or after-school program
- Volunteered or worked for Teach for America, or for City Year would be a nice compliment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of education
- Exceptional content mastery and knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to both student-led and instructor-led learning and teaching techniques
- Experience designing and leading education programs for primary level students from low-income background
- Development of creative and engaging training materials for primary and junior high audience, in a variety of formats well as a user-friendly guide
- Should be able to demonstrate proficiency in designing, building and deploying instructor e-learning modules.
- Good organization skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the Internet.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people that share a common belief that improving education will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in an environment of supportive people that are always willing to help you.
In return, you will receive a LinkedIn recommendation, testimonial, spotlight in a newsletter, and/or a professional reference based on commitment and performance.
About School Group
Established in 2018 as a Texas nonprofit corporation, School Group works to promote eLearning in School Education worldwide. Please visit our website for more information about school Group: www.schoolgroup.org.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and work samples to [email protected]